Well here I am, in the last days of 2012. This year has been intense and had so many shades of all I have become during the recreation of my own life, I am not done yet. Deep inside I know I will never be done as I pick and choose those things and people that will be part of my life.
Life taught me:
- Nothing last forever and I need to appreciate each and every moment in my life like my last because I don’t know when that moment will be.
- I learned that plans are good to have but I need to follow that internal guidance I possess connected to my creator in order to make all my final decisions.
- I get exactly what I give away to others, so I am careful not to go in the direction I wish not.
- Words are worthless without action right behind it.
- When I feel uncomfortable it is because something is getting on the way or wants to alter my good intentions.
- When something keeps presenting over and over again to me, it is because I must look into it and find its value.
- Not everything and everyone that comes into my life is of value, life is about sifting the good and the bad; learning from the bad and cherishing the good.
- Not everything that shines is gold.
- Sometimes I need to go in a whole new direction, with options I’ve never thought of and with skills I haven’t developed but that I can gain. The sky is the limit.
- It is important to be alert to what is happening around me, what is moving the world, the economy and people’s emotions and decisions. I need to be in tune with it in order to continue to grow and succeed.
- Life is not static, it is continually evolving and I need to do the same. It might feel good and comfortable to be in a routine but it sure gets stale with time…
- Imminent death awaits when something remains the same over a long period of time.
- At some levels, some “deaths” needs to take place in our life in order to resurrect stronger and transformed.
- Forgiveness doesn’t mean I will let the person or the situation remain or re-surge in my life. I am very clear about what I deserve in my life.
- I am strong not only because internally I have grown but because I have an army of souls in heaven and on earth right behind me. It is important to stay connected to God, your family and your friends in order to survive.
- Divide and conquer is the weapon of abusers. I will never let anyone divide me from anyone or anything I love and enjoy in my life.
- Money does not assure happiness. Love and respect from myself does. Then I can go on to love the world.
I am sure these are not all the things I have learned but as these last days of 2012 roll by I will be reflecting some more. I am looking forward to the lessons I will learn on 2013, it is my lucky number and I am sure that it will be spectacular because what I learned on 2012 will give me that push I need to propel myself to heights I never imagined. I wish you do the same and don’t let anyone but yourself, select the shades of colors that will go on your Life Canvas.